AGM – Group Collection Center and Customer Credit Control
- Lead the team to set the working plan and allocate the resources to achieve the relevant Enterprises and the Department Objectives
- Manage to have accurate and real-time information on receivables so as to use such information to collect the money from customers, to manage liquidity correctly and efficiently on daily basis, to report exporting details to EXIM bank for trade insurance, and other purposes as required.
- Manage on new customers to have proper customer credit limit and the collection operation plan so as to ensure that there will be no issue on collection.
- Manage to collect the receivables into the companies accurately and on time so that the proceeds from collections can be used efficiently.
- Work closely with other departments to deliver the products to customers punctually and all documents will be sent to customers correctly and in time so that there will be no operational interruption and trustworthiness damage to the companies.
- Work closely with EXIM bank and relevant internal parties to set up the proper credit limit for each customer and monitor the transactions within the set limit. Also, monitor the aging and perform any actions as required for delayed payments from customers.
- Report exporting volume for INLAND /SELLER insurance properly and on timely manners so as to ensure that the risks have been protected.
- Negotiate on insurance premium and policy on trade insurance and transportation insurance
- Lead the team to improve employee engagement and to ensure working/performance improvement directly and indirectly.
- Manage and monitor exporting documents / credit advise / commission payment
- Manage and monitor the collections to the bank accounts / informing of releasing the documents or shipment (if any under some payment terms)
- Manage and monitor the bank documentary process under LC/, D/P, D/A payment terms with the banks
- Manage and suggest on the term of trade or term of payment to support marketing team in expanding the business
- Manage and monitor INSURANCE (INLAND/SELLER) insurance as per the company policy
- Report to relevant parties i.e. the Bank of Thailand, the commercial banks, etc.
- Manage and monitor other assigned tasks
Manage and supervise the customer credit control process
- Work with EXIM bank and internal parties in setting up the proper credit line to each customer and work with the other limit monitoring team to ensure the credit limit has been observed strictly.
- Work with marketing team in defining the proper term of payment to different customers considering on the risks involved, expected trading volume, and the limit.
- Monitor the aging balance and ensure having proper actions to such overdue payment customers
- Manage and monitor other assigned tasks
Explore and (if agreed) implement the collection center for overseas subsidiaries
- Understand the collection process and the relevant required works, i.e. accounting recording, reconcile on payment and discounts, insurance, factoring, at the overseas subsidiaries
- Explore the possibility and pros and cons of having collection center to cover overseas subsidiaries.
- If it is feasible, set the plan to implement and to manage, monitor, and control.
- Perform performance appraisal twice a year KPIs and use such performance appraisal process to reward or promote or demote and to set the plan for the works to be done or improvement required
- Give advices and listen to the team openly both for business or personal and find the good solutions to the team in dealing with such challenges Lead the team to improve employee engagement and to ensure working/performance improvement directly and indirectly
- Accurate and on time reporting in relevant topics
- As less as possible error from the team
- Manage and monitor the team to perform their works correctly and in time
- Achieve the committed relevant Enterprises/Department Objectives
- Better improvement on working efficiency/effectiveness
- Less repeating problems
- Good collaboration to others
- Deal with other departments diligently on the works performed
- Receive good satisfaction from others
Direct sub-ordinate 30 persons:
- Deputy Department Managers - Managers (3 persons)
Indirect sub-ordinate - persons :
- Marketing, Marketing Support, Procurement, Purchasing, Treasury, Exporting, Shipping, Accounting, management etc. at both center functions or at each subsidiary company in Thailand.
- Relevant team at both regional center functions or at each overseas subsidiary company.
- Commercial banks both in Thailand and overseas
- Both domestic and overseas customers
- Insurance broker (Asia Pacific Risk Consultant)
- Audit (PWC)
- Relevant authorities i.e. Revenue Department, Custom Department
- Master degree or higher in Finance/Accounting, Economics, and other relevant majors.
- At least 15 years direct experience on trade finance and credit control functions
- Knowledge on accounting principle and accounting process is a plus
Knowledge on SAP and business/operational process improvement is a plus.