- Provide direction, leadership and management to the technical sales account managers and as required the customer service staff.
- Be part of the leadership team
- Establish a credible and realistic budget for the Aqua-Feed sales and achievement of same.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the Aqua-Feed division
- Provide business, customer and competitor intelligence to the management team
- Liaise with the Technical team to ensure customer diet expectations are being met and to facilitate necessary trials and product development.
- Liaise also with the Production and Quality team, Supply Chain, Finance, Inventory and other internal teams to establish efficient synergy and transfer communication.
- Home office based in either Melbourne or Brisbane.
- Travel both domestically & internationally
- Work closely with external contacts such as, Customers, Industry association staff, Freight and warehousing companies, Aquaculture equipment providers, Conference staff, Research and educational bodies.
Key skills & background;
- Excellent staff management and leadership skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skill.
- Keen sense of customer satisfaction awareness.
- Ability to influence both internally and externally.
- Ability to prepare and make presentations to small or large groups.
- Understanding of operating and sales budgets.
- Ability to work both autonomously as well as within a team.
- Good computer skills at user level (ERP systems and Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint at minimum)
- Minimum first degree in a relevant subject.
- Extensive management experience in a relevant field
- Effective and demonstrated personnel management and leadership skills.
- Exposure to aquaculture highly regarded.
- Experience in generating management reports.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret financial information, budgets and reports.
- Demonstrated experience of working autonomously and within a management team.