This position includes a variety of in-office and field tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering projects. Duties include: consulting; preparing proposals and contracts; providing guidance and direction to field crew(s) and surveying Engineers/technicians; overseeing survey aspects of civil engineering projects and/or directing preparation of all types of survey plans; conducting deed and plan research and review; preparing ROW plans and agreements; performing field work associated with land surveying, engineering and construction projects; performing survey computations and data collection; CAD and drafting.
* Ensures that crews perform layout work competently and accurately.
* Checks as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques.
* Provides topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities.
* Assists with conducting quantity calculations as required.
* Monitors and maintains the condition and calibration of surveying equipment.
* Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
* Coordinates survey activities with the assigned engineer and superintendents to meet the construction requirements.
* Manages survey department resources and department assigned budget.
* Maintains knowledge of Company's values and strategic plan.
* Support published corporate policies.
* +10 years of continuous working experience in all aspects of Road surveying.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil engineering, geometrics, or related field preferred.
* Professional Road and Land Surveyor
* Proven leadership and management skills.
* Expert knowledge of land mapping and technical survey instrument techniques.
* Strong skills in CAD and drafting.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.