Our client is an e-commerce start-up company focusing at first on the Thai market, and with plans to grow its business in Vietnam and Malaysia in the next coming years. The Country Manager will create shareholders' value by providing the vision, leadership, strategy and general management skills to grow our Client into a dominant player in the industry.
The responsibilities include the development and implementation of a strategic plan to advance the company's vision, mission, strategies and objectives, and to grow revenue and profitability. The company offers career advancement opportunity for the successful candidate by subsequently taking over other markets.
Key Responsibilities | Deliverables
- Develop, review and refine the Company's business strategy, and its execution to gain a leading position in the marketplace
- Ensure that profitable revenue growth is achieved both organically and through successful completion of mergers and acquisitions
- Work with the management team to satisfy consumer needs, develop and nurture new and existing customers, partnerships, strategic alliances, and other market opportunities
- Lead the company, increase its brand equity in the marketplace, build credible relationships with outside investors to provide the necessary resources to fund and grow the Company
- Act as the spokesperson for the Company in all interactions with the press, the financial community, and the public markets
- Provide a high-level strategic and tactical leadership to the Board of Directors and the management team
- Drive a highly motivated, innovative, and results-driven organization
- Develop performance measures, and ensure that these metrics are achieved
Experience | Skill Requirements
- 8+ years of people management and skill development experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and recommend online and e-commerce strategies, and/or business management improvement processes
- Ability to work across diverse organizations and lead complex cross functional internal and external project teams
- Process oriented and proven skills in allocating resources effectively, and remove obstacles
- Significant expertise with vendor management, contract negotiations, compliance, and relationship building
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to work locally and travel in the southeast Asia region frequently
Please note that due to the expected high application rate, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.