Overview of Role
As a database manager you'll be working in-house, manage and maintain a range of databases. The role comes with responsibility and you'll be expected to oversee projects and ensure all members of your team are working on the right thing at the right time to keep databases in order. Often, you'll be expected to determine the best possible method of organizing data, recording, then implementing it.
Key Roles | Responsibilities
- Manage operating departmental budgets and costs according to annual allocation to ensure efficient usage of resources, where applicable.
- Develop policies, procedures and controls to ensure the highest of security levels to safeguard information and databases.
- Ensure all data complies with local legal regulations.
- Implement, monitor and execute back-up and recovery strategies consistent with the company's business continuity policies and procedures.
- Design, develop and deploy SQL reporting solutions. Review SQL scripts and application logs to ensure security of production environments.
- Advise development on efficient coding practices and use of SQL scripts and T-SQL procedural logic within the confines of user stored procedures.
- Manage the development of ETL, EDI and data interface projects.
- Responsible for the development and review of documentation required for database project implementation.
- Manage DBA team for support company SQL Server and Oracle database servers.
- Control the implementation of corporate database by performing all roles associated with architecture of enterprise database solutions.
Experience | Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences | Engineering | IT | Related.
- 5 years' experience with MS SQL server; managing business critical systems including staging, EDI, and BO Reporting.
- Strong experience in enterprise system.
- Well communicate in English.
- Leadership skill and able to work in a multicultural environment.