The Director of Transportation is responsible for the entire Transportation department & function of this iconic International Baccalaureate (IB) international school, among the most enduring and accoladed private schools in Thailand. Ensuring safe, efficient and enjoyable travel experiences for some 2,400 multinational students is the primary mission of this highly visible position.
The overall scope of responsibility includes Route Planning & Optimization, Day-to-Day Operations (Personnel Scheduling | Talent Management, Retention & Training), Fleet Management & Maintenance and Customer Service.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, structured analytical thinker with strong leadership and relationship management skills. Near-fluent English is required as this is the language of the academy.
** This position is open to both qualified Thai & Foreign nationals **
Key Responsibilities | Deliverables
- Manage overall transportation to meet the enquiry of daily schedule bus school, also planning and scheduling for an extra route.
- To ensure the teams follow the policy and law of transportation services.
- Developing the policy and supervise the team to keep standardization and improvement.
- Ensure all activities smooth and flow which include customer service and review complaints for improving.
- Manage and forecast the yearly budget which base on school’s project and policy.
- Handle and prepare the contract of school buses, also coordinate and negotiate with the bus owners.
- Training and supervise outsource drivers to evaluate the performance.
- Planning to maintain all equipment for safety and standard.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders to ensure every transportation is well prepare and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience | Skill Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain or similar (Master Degree a plus)
- 5+ years of Transportation Management, Supply Chain Planning or Route Optimization
- Strong Organizational, Problem Solving and Operations Management skillsets
- Good English communication skills
- Education Industry experience is advantageous