Our client, the Thai-Canadian Chamber of Commerce (CanCham) is a long established, and most dynamic foreign Chamber of Commerce in Thailand.
The Executive Director will develop and communicate an evolving value proposition of membership in and sponsorship of the Chamber to the locally based business community to drive membership, sponsorship, and community engagement.
Please note that applicants must have a basic knowledge of Canada, Canadian culture, values, politics and current events, gained either by having worked or studied in Canada. This is mandatory for any application to be considered.
You will advocate and liaise with other key parties in the local community such as the Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand, the Embassy, Board of Investment, non-profits/ other NGOs, and other Offices of the Chamber in the region.
You will also manage the day to day affairs and business of the Chamber overseeing a small staff that will assist you in developing and delivering best-in-class networking and social events throughout the year, while working to financial targets on revenue and profitability. You will report to, and be responsive to, the direction of the Chamber's President and Board of Directors in the execution of the job duties.
Key Responsibilities | Deliverables
- Effectively reporting to and supporting the Board in a realistic, factual and positive manner
- Staying cash-flow positive and actively managing the revenue and expenses of the Chamber operation and of events throughout the year
- Generate revenue by creating a value proposition that is irresistible to prospective members and potential chamber sponsors
- Manage the annual event calendar by creating and overseeing successful completion of appealing events including networking, Dinner Galas, an annual golf tournament, charity events, and Board meetings
- Imagining new and more efficient ways to deliver on the objectives of the Chamber.
- Manage calls, queries and feedback on events from participants
- Help businesses with networking, finding business contacts, start up issues, advice
- Analyse membership requirements/sectors - set up subcommittees, keep activities focused and relevant
- Manage the Embassy relationship, commercial attaché and trade commissioners
- Manage the monthly magazine, website and Facebook - increase the use of Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Contact and cooperate with other foreign Chambers in Thailand and liaise with regional Chambers on successes and failures
- Maintain and grow relationships with Thai government departments and organisations
- Manage the Chamber' staff, accounts, assets and legal aspects
Experience | Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- At least 10 years of working experience in an SME, MNC or NGO
- Strong commercial skills and an understanding of how business is done plus a good working knowledge of the sales cycle and the Thai business environment
- Highly effective interpersonal and organisational skills with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds
- Experience in team based operations; a team player in heart and mind
- A basic knowledge of Canada, Canadian culture, values, politics and current events
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates with current working permission in Thailand, and that due to the expected high application rate, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.