The Financial Planning & Analysis Director is responsible for leading the Finance deliverables for the customer segment, performance measures, or supply chain for the business by critically analyzing and understanding the financial performance and creating business value through data insight and analytics for the company.
This position partners with the Commercial Directors and the business leadership teams to drive business initiatives, growth, and profitability. This position works with business leaders to ensure that the business is operating effectively, with sound financial analysis, and with appropriate financial and operating controls in place.
The successful candidate will be accountable for integrating and developing processes that meet business needs, manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise, is involved in long-term planning, and contributes to the overall strategy. This role also maintains the relationship with the Finance Shared Service team servicing the business.
Key Responsibilities | Deliverables
- Partner with business leaders to support growth initiatives that drive the segment direction and strategy.
- Support the process for developing the annual operating plan, forecasts and supporting schedules with business leaders.
- Establish metrics to help drive the business to meet their financial and business commitments including interpretation and variance analysis.
- Act as guardian to ensure the quality and sustainability of the FP&A processes by setting up and maintaining internal controls, processes and procedures.
- Coordinate the development of the business or financial case for specific initiatives or capital investments.
- Understand Group/Enterprise & functional strategies and able to translate these into tactical actions for the cluster.
- Leverage other areas of Finance to support the business initiatives and strategy, including the balance of costs and service levels in delivering on the Finance organization's responsibilities.
- Drive the finance transformation by assessing opportunities within the business for further efficiency and effectiveness with the potential to migrate this work to a finance shared service structure or through internal structure optimization.
- Act as a key contributor in the development of Finance resources and talent pools through effective coaching, mentoring, and talent development.
Experience | Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- 7+ years progressive experience in financial planning and analysis, accounting management, or corporate strategic finance
- Experience establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with business leaders, finance leaders, and other functional leaders
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other areas of the organization
- Strong analytical background, attention to details, ability to zoom in/out without losing the big picture
- Result oriented
- Strong and genuine team player
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Enterprise financial systems proficiency, ie. SAP
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates with current working permission in Thailand, and that due to the expected high application rate, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.