The Head of New Product Development | Ready-to-Drink (RTD) will be responsible to manage the product development and technical processes for this international energy drink producer and distributor.
Key Responsibilities | Deliverables
- Liaise with in-house new product development, marketing, and production teams, and/or with suppliers.
- Evaluate, test, taste, and list new products and/or suppliers.
- Work with in-house graphic designers/suppliers, and business development unit for the development of labels, packaging, and specifications for new and existing products.
- Work with the management to create and implement a sourcing strategy with a detailed factory matrix.
- Keep current records about import/export restrictions by country updated for each product category.
- Communicate production sourcing requirements for each product (specifications, quality, price, delivery) to agents and outsourced factories.
- Partner with marketing/business development team to identify most relevant business questions, prioritize projects, and align market research plans with strategy and objectives.
- Be the voice of the customer and market expert for products within each business unit.
- Develop marketing and product knowledge base through in-depth customer, consumer, and market insights across all sales regions.
- Oversee/conduct a variety of global primary market research projects from inception to presentation.
- Synthesize primary market research insights with secondary sources and behavioral data.
- Manage market research budget, including management of service agreements, and work plans.
- Manage and improve a document management/information system for market data/ insight, technical, and NPD purposes.
Experience | Skill Requirements
- 5 years of managerial experience in Marketing Research & New Product Development in the FMCG or consumer products industries; experience gained in the Beverage industry is preferable.
- Ability to execute with excellence across multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize workload to maximize impact.
- Proven ability to use consumer/professional insights to identify strategic opportunities for business growth and drive business results.
- Ability to combine deep methodology expertise (both traditional and innovative techniques) with practical experience to quickly assess and develop research recommendations to solve current business questions/challenges.
- Experience in working with regional partners required; overseas/factory exposure is preferred.
- Proven experience with online and in-person qualitative research such as ethnography, customer feedback, consumer fueled innovation, and social listening.
- Ability to understand, integrate and synthesize primary research, customer behavior, and secondary research to form insightful observations, and clear actionable business implications
- Proven experience executing research such as brand tracking, positioning, loyalty, segmentation, advertising effectiveness, pricing, and concept testing. Knowledge of statistical techniques such as conjoint, regression, factor and cluster analysis
- Displays strong negotiation skills
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates with current working permission in Thailand, and that due to the expected high application rate, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.