This Head of Engineering (SVP) is a highly visible and vocal leader of the Software Engineering Team responsible for the development of eCommerce & digital solutions for one of Thailand's most iconic companies, a market leader across the hospitality, retail and F&B segments. This is an opportunity to help shape the most-pervasive eCommerce ecosystem in Southeast Asia.
The ideal Head of Engineering is a career custom software development professional with deep architecture & engineering skills, and is an exceptional people manager & team builder. Java & Scala are native to this individual.
This role is based in the vibrant capital of Bangkok, Thailand with responsibility for software engineering throughout Southeast Asia.
This role is amongst the biggest & most exciting Digital leadership positions on offer in Southeast Asia, working with an inspired team of multi-national talent, latest technology, best company & top compensation in one of the world's greatest cities, Bangkok.
* This position is open to both Thai & foreign nationals *
Key Roles | Responsibilities:
- Build | Coach | Mentor | Lead Software Development Team
- Collaborate with Project and Product Management to ensure products - and the product development process - meets the needs of the organization and its customers
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities associated with creating software across multiple functional areas and products
- Participate in the strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of the software products
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a multi-team or cross-functional organization
- Develop project plans, creating master project schedules, scheduling the software delivery process and milestones, assisting the software development team with any development issues, and ensuring on-time release schedules are met
- Instill best practices for software development (Agile | DevOps), ensure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Champion Engineering Excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement
- Instill best practices for development (Agile | DevOps) and champion their adoption
Experience | Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant technical field
- 10+ years of software development experience with deep expertise in Java, Scala, Microservices, APIs
- 5+ years software development team leadership
- Strong Leader | Mentor | People Manager | Team Builder
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience in defining and executing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, collaboration, engagement & influence, attention to detail.