This Java | Scala Software Developer is responsible for the development of key digital solutions (eCommerce | responsive web sites | mobile apps) built primarily on Java & Scala. These customer-engaging digital solutions are for one of Thailand's most iconic companies, shaping the most-pervasive eCommerce ecosystem in Southeast Asia.
* This position is open to both Thai & foreign nationals.
Key Roles | Responsibilities
- Working within Agile development team, develop user-centric digital solutions built on Java, Scala and related frameworks.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Deliver superior e-commerce user experiences.
Experience | Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences | Software Engineering | IT | Related.
- Highly Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
- Skill for writing reusable Java & Scala libraries.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful.
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as Play and Spark.
- Experience with both external and embedded databases.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration | Agile | DevOps.
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates with current working permission in Thailand, and that due to the expected high application rate, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.