Lead DevOps Engineer
The Lead DevOps Engineer will be responsible for working with functional and cross-functional teams to help adopt DevOps standards and best practices in the software development lifecycles. This role will provide technical leadership and help shape the strategic direction of DevOps.
- Work with CICD tools to facilitate faster for software development and infrastructure deployment
- Use version control tools such as Git and Github to support DevOps flows
- Help automate the operational process in a way that can be managed by product teams
- Help teams build enterprise-monitoring and alerting solutions into their applications/solutions
- Help teams leverage PaaS services for their applications and solutions
- Help define enterprise DevOps standards and best practices
- Help developers increase unit-test coverage and execute them in their pipelines
- Help teams leverage Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in their deployment process
- Coach teams adopt shift-left approaches to quality and security
- Guide efforts to incorporate test engineering into the development lifecycle
- Develop solutions that will improve efficiency across the enterprise.
- Maintain quality documentation for enterprise-wide solutions, standards, and best practices
- Train teams to be self-reliant and responsible for their applications from requirements through maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field
- Experience with public cloud (Must have in-depth and extensive knowledge with AWS)
- Experience working with ALM tools (AWS, Azure DevOps, Jira, etc…)
- Experience working with Pipeline tools CI/CD (AWS, Jenkins, etc…)
- Seven (7) years of experience in software development in complex systems.
- Three (3) years of experience in DevOps concepts, tools, and practices.
- Passionate about DevOps as a paradigm for effective software delivery.
- Knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working on Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc…)
- Experience in networking, storage, Linux, Windows
- Teamwork skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret data and identify trends.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities