Quality Assurance Manager
Ensures high quality products that meet customer expectations while maintaining compliance with
applicable regulations, as well as company policies and procedures. Provides solid leadership to achieve
company and plant goals through various management, evaluation and improvement skills and
strategies that improve overall quality and profitability. Masters and implements all QA policies,
programs and procedures. Manages and effectively follows up on multiple projects and assignments.
- Strong knowledge of quality systems including HACCP programs, Stays current with changing
regulatory requirements, implements and communicates new processes and procedures to
remain compliant. Signs off on Critical Control Point checks completed by the QA Technician as
outlined in the HACCP and SQF requirements. Supports Director with HACCP annual reviews
- Maintain and improve Quality Management and food safety system such as GMP's, HACCP
(HACCP Coordinator), SSOP's, BRC & SQMS, FSSC and HALAL
- Manage the QA Supervisors, Technicians and provides direction, development, and regular
coaching, training, and support. Oversees and verifies the activities of all direct reports, ensuring
all required documentation and inspection of the raw materials and finished products are
complete and accurate
- Ensure daily plant Quality and Food Safety operations follow the policies, procedures, customer
requirements, and local, state, and federal regulations
- Responsible for the Food Safety and Quality Plans along with supporting prerequisite programs
- Oversee plant sanitation to drive a robust sanitation program that supports a GMP environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Food Science, Meat/Poultry Science, Chemistry or related field.
- +8 years Quality Management Experience in food manufacturing (Meat Processing).
- Experienced and comprehensive knowledge in Quality Management, food safety standards
HACCP, SSOP, ISO/IEC17025, ISO 9001, GMP-HACCP, Global gap, GMP and HALAL requirements.
- Must be detailed oriented, have strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Must have the ability to make sound judgment and good decisions regarding quality and
wholesomeness of product.
- Knowledge of Database software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet
and Word Processing software; QMS system and SAP (Experience with SAP system in QM
- Ability to uphold regulatory, company and customer standards
- Able to prioritize/adjust quickly to changing work environment with minimal supervision to
meet changing plant needs.
- Able to work flexible hours
- Proficient use of PC including Excel, Word, Access, and Power point