- Provides leadership, vision, direction and focus for District sales activities while fostering learning and motivation of employees.
- Manages employee performance by clearly communicating expectations and coaching individuals on gaps in skills and abilities required for success.
- Continuously evaluates sales team members' performance and holds individuals accountable for meeting established performance expectations.
- Builds and manages relationships with key customers and influencers to promote products and services in alignment with Area marketing and sales strategies.
- Understands customer needs and provides feedback to the commercial team on marketing effectiveness, as well as suggested improvements to the Area sales strategy.
- Actively gathers market conditions, trends and competitive activity and communicates. information to team.
- Manages assigned sales plan within budget and continually seeks growth opportunities within District.
- Integrates District and Area business plans.
- Collaborates with team to prioritize customers and oversee sales activities within District.
Qualifications for success:
- BS in Agronomy or related field.
- 10+ years' experience in agricultural sales, crop protection, vegetable seed.
- People management experience.
- Knowledge of specialty crops.