This SAP Project Manager role is for a leading professional IT services & solutions provider, which in turn is a subsidiary of one of the world's largest conglomerates. The first remit for this SAP Project Manager will involve driving the final 2 ASAP phases (Final Preparation and Go Live) of an in-flight SAP implementation in the process manufacturing & retail space.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4 full-cycle SAP implementations to her credit, serving as Project Manager for at least two implementations. A key success factor is the ability to proactively & collaboratively work through project-related issues w/ the client team.
This position can be permanent, contract-based or some hybrid thereof which works for both the candidate and client.
This position is open to Thai nationals and foreigners who have SAP implementation experience working in Thailand.
Key Responsibilities | Deliverables
- Day-to-Day Project Management of SAP Implementation Project | Team
- Driving Project Workplan and Activities following ASAP Methodology
- Project Governance & Issue Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Scope & Change Control - Track and manage project scope & changes
- Issue Management - Track, report & resolve issues collaboratively w/ client
- Define and measure Project Success Metrics and monitor change progress
- Must be flexible in diving into project detail when necessary, while keeping the overall picture in mind
- Track project budgets, manage changes to project budgets, and track actual costs and variance to approved budget.
- Manage issues, risks, and decisions throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Develop mitigation of critical and high priority risks, mitigation and contingency plans.
- Determine appropriate escalation of issues and support resolution by following up.
Experience | Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Project Management or relevant degree program
- Deep understanding of SAP
- 4 years of experience in SAP solution implementation | 2+ years as overall SAP Project Manager
- IT Consulting firm experience is a bonus
- Effective communicator, proactive planner with strong analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities
- Strong understanding of project management methodology and delivery practices
- Superior listening skills with the ability to gain clarification when needed
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver presentations, lead, and drive meetings
- Ability to identify issues, recommend and implement strategies to resolve problems, and manage issue escalation effectively
- Ability to build and maintain strong, effective working relationships