The Senior Business Development Manager | Senior Investment Manager will be responsible to expend the business abroad for one of the largest property development company in Asia. This is a newly created position.
Key Responsibilities | Deliverables
- Participate in preparation of international business expansion of the company in South East Asia and elaborate the entry strategies to each individual country by working closely with relevant stakeholders such as market research agencies and property agents to obtain information for in-depth analysis and provide conclusions and recommendation to senior management
- Identify and determine international business expansion, investment, development and management opportunities on various modes which include but not limited to: land acquisition, joint-venture partnership or management services
- Collect and analyze all data, facts and assumptions needed for feasibility study and competitor analysis and prepare packaged summary with key information for support of decision-making process by senior management
- Lead financial modeling, in-depth feasibility analysis and due diligence support e.g. valuation and transaction structure by working closely with other divisions within company (Business Development, Operations, Legal,
- Accounting) and other external parties (Financial, Tax and Legal Advisors)
- Develop and maintain financial models for existing and prospective investments
- Source and build a team of local expert advisors during deal process and due diligence. Such as market research agencies, property consultants, financial advisors, tax advisors and legal advisors for the necessary specific analysis and verifications during the complete duration of deal process until successful signature of agreements.
- Work closely with financial, tax and legal advisors to review related agreements and contracts to the transaction e.g. memorandum of understanding, sale and purchase agreements as well as joint venture agreements. Draft and elaborate initial copies of key terms and conditions pursued for discussion with other agents and negotiation with partners.
- Liaise between developers, landlords, consultants, advisors, government agencies and management regarding potential acquisitions, partnerships or any cooperation agreements as well as offer feedback to the management as necessary to drive the completion of transactions
- Elaborate Country Data Sheet with summary of corporate structures, investment options and current opportunities, legal framework, macro and micro level figures, political and economic long-term scenarios, government permits, taxation, and country demographics
- Conduct periodic market study tours with the management, business partners and property agents.
- Communicate and provide regular updates on all markets, sites and projects to the management and assist in developing, preparing and presenting the deal proposals
- Conduct regular risk assessment evaluations on potential deals and elaborate risk mitigation strategies
Experience | Skill Requirements
- Bachelor degree (Masters is highly preferred) in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or related fields
- At least 4-5-year work experience with 2-3-year experience in feasibility study, business strategy implementation, project management, property development and business planning
- Good command in written and spoken English.
- Thai resident
- Strong Excel-based financial modeling skills and proficiency in PowerPoint and MS Word
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to work with senior level management, board of directors, corporate executives, in addition to technical and non-technical personnel.
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates with current working permission in Thailand, and that due to the expected high application rate, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.