Senior HRIS Specialist
This position is under the direction of the HRIS Manager, The purpose of this position is to provide a variety of lead professional technical and systemic duties in support of the Human Resources programs, Lead and provide database administration for the performance management and background check systems; unemployment coordination; hiring and onboarding procedures; and pre-employment assessments. Ensure compliance with records retention in compliance with regulations.
- Oversee the processing HRIS software employee actions by assisting HRCs with proper coding and field completion on Personnel Action Forms (PAF).
- Advise managers on PSHR processes, policies, and procedures; perform daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual queries and reports; assign user roles to set up Employee Self Service for new employees.
- Assist Information Technology with testing of software system upgrades
- Manage personnel events processed through BAS activity; maintain position management from a budget perspective; and provide training to new employees and backup for hourly processors.
- Lead system configuration or modifications for HR and Benefits applications within legacy HCM to meet plan design or policy compliance
- Responsible for participating on special HRIS project team to complete system updates, new installs and configurations and data uploads
- Responsible for the Performance Management, Merit and Mass Annual Increases updates in legacy HCM. Assists with creating the Stock award files for annual grant
- Monitors HCM user access and performs security audits. Tests security classes when modifying existing classes are needed or for new security class requests
- Serves as a backup resource to other coworkers to ensure coverage is maintained in HRIS, as identified on a periodic basis
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred and preferably in any of the following majors: Information Technology, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field
- +5 years of experience with database administration and Human Resources Management software, to include payroll and applicant tracking systems
- Successful completion of references, employment verifications, background check, and drug screen required in advance of hire
- Possess a thorough understanding of all areas of information systems with a highly technical understanding of at least one commercial HRIS product
- Strong knowledge and experience with SQL/ORACLE/MySQL databases, Web Development, ASP.NET, SQL Server, ETL, and HR online applications, Power BI (Must Have), SSIS
Require familiarity with human resources policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets company's needs and goals