This position includes a variety of in-office and field tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering projects. Duties include: consulting; preparing proposals and contracts; providing guidance and direction to field crew(s) and surveying Engineers/technicians; overseeing survey aspects of civil engineering projects and/or directing preparation of all types of survey plans; conducting deed and plan research and review; preparing ROW plans and agreements; performing field work associated with land surveying, engineering and construction projects; performing survey computations and data collection; CAD and drafting.
- Ensures that crews perform layout work competently and accurately.
- Checks as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques.
- Provides topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities.
- Assists with conducting quantity calculations as required.
- Monitors and maintains the condition and calibration of surveying equipment.
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- Coordinates survey activities with the assigned engineer and superintendents to meet the construction requirements.
- Manages survey department resources and department assigned budget.
- Maintains knowledge of Company's values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- +6 years of continuous working experience in all aspects of Road surveying. (Must have experience in Road Construction Projects)
- Bachelor's degree in Civil engineering, geometrics, or related field preferred.
- Professional Road and Land Surveyor
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Expert knowledge of land mapping and technical survey instrument techniques.
- Strong skills in CAD and drafting.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.