The ideal Systems Engineers (Systems Administrators) will be responsible for technical support (Level 2 | Level 3) of Network and Server Infrastructure for the clients of this leading professional IT Services & Solutions provider, with Thailand headquarters in both Bangkok & Chiang Mai. As such, these positions are available in both central Bangkok & Chiang Mai.
The Systems Engineers will ensure high availability of critical systems and network infrastructure across multiple client environments running Linux and/or Windows - which may be on-premise or on-the-cloud (AWS) - by use of monitoring and support tools and best practices (ITIL). An understanding of operating in a DevOps environment is expected.
* Positions available for experienced Windows, Linux & AWS engineers at both Junior & Senior levels in both Bangkok & Chiang Mai *
** These roles are open to both Thai & Foreign nationals **
Key Responsibilities | Deliverables:
- Enable & Operate Linux & Windows environments to support project delivery & ongoing operations (DevOps)
- Provide production & development environment support of Network & System performance & break/fix
- Execute analysis, design, implementation, testing and/or modification of network infrastructure based on design specifications.
- Server (File | App | Database) installation, maintenance, break/fix, documentation and support.
- Set up & manage Linux & Windows environments in data centers and AWS.
- Troubleshoot & diagnose Website and Backend Server issues | Internet Connectivity & ISP issues | Cisco & Client network equipment issues | Network Security issues.
- Network maintenance, issue resolution and support.
- Ensure redundancy, stability & high-availability for all critical systems.
- Escalate/communicate issues and concerns as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and in a group to ensure high-availability of assigned environments.
Education | Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Similar Technology degree
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP | Linux or Windows Environments | DNS | IIS & Apache Web Servers | MS SQL & MySQL Database Servers
- 3+ years of experience in Infrastructure or Systems Support domain | 3+ years IT Systems Support or IT Infrastructure Support
- Experience working with Microsoft and/or Linux operating systems & environments | AWS experience is also valued
- Understanding of DevOps is appreciated